The Sorvall Discovery 100 Ultra-centrifuge is a floor-model unit that gives optimal performance for fractionation of extracts via density or equilibrium gradient-based sedimentation, ideal for the isolation of small particles including chromosomes, ribonucleoproteins (polysomes, ribosomes, ribosomal subunits, hnRNPs, viral particles, plasmids, protein complexes etc. This unit is in excellent condition and has only been used for ~30 million revolutions (equivalent to running the centrifuge for a total of about 5 hours at 100,000 rpm). The unit has been tested by both our scientific and technical staff and comes with a 90-day warranty.
Rotors sold separately – please enquire regarding price and availability.
- Easy to use
- Quiet operation
- Compatible with fixed angle, swing-out and vertical ultracentrifuge rotors from Sorvall, Beckman and others.
- Maximum Speed: 100,000 RPM
- Maximum RCF: 802,006 x g (using a T8100 rotor, rmax)
- LED display
- Easy keypad operation
- Peltier-based ‘Thermo-module’ cooling system (CFC-free)
- Temperature range: 0 C to 40 C
- Temperature control accuracy: +/- 0.5 C
- Speed control accuracy: +/- 10 rpm (1,000 rpm to maximum speed)
- Power 208/230 Vac, 30 A, 50/60 Hz
- Measurements: 31″ W x 36″” D x 39″ H
- Weight: 882 lbs
This unit is fully tested by both our Scientific and Technical staff and comes with a 90-DAY WARRANTY.
We will be happy to provide you a quote, which will include shipping and handling. Code 13789.